Review of the Maxima 4-Wheel Scooter
The redesigned Pride Mobility Maxima 4-wheel motorized scooter brings outstanding performance and elegant styling together with rugged construction for a weight capacity of up to 500 pounds. Great standard features include upgraded electronics, an ultra heavy-duty drive train for more power and a redesigned, thicker seat for greater comfort with a 60″ lap belt included. The Maxima also features an easily adjustable tiller, front headlight, durable one-piece frame construction and whisper-quiet drive train.
What Makes Maxima 4-Wheel Different:
The scooter has a great look with the non-marking black tires and silver hub cabs, it also provides a very stable ride. The Maxima is made in the USA and is recommended by the VA so you know it has to be good. It also has a power seat option for an additional 5″ of seat height to reach higher cabinets and shelves.
Why We Like It:
The Maxima has been around for quite some time and is a durable, reliable scooter. It has a high weight capacity and a strong motor that can easily handle up to 500 pounds. It also has an option to upgrade the batteries for a greater drive range between charges. The charging port is located on the tiller, making it a breeze to access.
What You Need to Know When Ordering:
The Pride Maxima is too big for use inside a home or assisted living facility because of its 54″ turning radius, but great for outdoor use. It is also not easy to disassemble therefore we recommend purchasing a vehicle lift with the scooter.
- Upgraded electronics and comfortable seat with 60″ lap belt included.
- Durable one piece frame construction and solid tires.
Pros and Cons:
- Has a Rock solid build with foam tires.
- It’s easy to use, comfortable, and easy to set up.
- There are many adjustments that you can use to set the scooter up for you as an individual.
- It is sturdy with great turning radius.
- You will like the fact that you can control the speed with the turn of a knob and it is easy to use.
- The four wheels, the colour, the way it handles on the lawn, is amazing.Well built and comfortable scooter with ease of operation.
- Stable on rough terrain, reliable power.
- The seat is too low need to drill more holes to make it higher. Especially if you are a tall person and need more leg room.
Visit Sportaid for wheelchair accessories, cushions, Wheelchair Wheels, Tires, Tubes & Parts. Price is not the only factor to consider when buying wheelchairs or wheelchair accessories, the fast delivery from Sportaid is a crowd pleaser!